New Power Tool Battery --Dewalt 5.0Ah Li-ion Battery
We've known for a while now that lithium-ion powe tool batteries are only going one way; bigger capacity.It may heavier.
For around 3 years now we've seen a fairly constant upward trend from the best power tools manufactuers; more cordless power tools, higher capacity batteries. And now DeWALT has finally launched the successor to their highly acclaimed 4Ah 18v li-ion batteries. 5Ah.
DeWALT 5Ah 18v XR Lithium-Ion Batteries - What You Need to Know
Anytime larger capacity batteries come onto the market, the first thing we want to know is how much more runtime will they give our power tools?
And right after that, how long will the take to charge and how much heavier are they?
First things first, then. These new 5Ah XR battery packs aren't heavier than the 4Ah versions. And further to that, the 4Ah versions were actually lighter than the 3Ah packs!
Incredible, we know. But the reality is, the 5Ah 18v XR lithium-ion power tool batteries DeWALT will be able to store up to 66% more charge than their 3Ah cousins, all within the same size, but lighter, pack.
So, if you skipped upgrading your stable of 3Ah DeWALT batteries to 4Ah, now is definitely the time to take the plunge and go for the new 5Ah packs. Just think of all that extra runtime!
Regarding charge times, we don't have any official figures on this yet. But we can surmise that the batteries will need to be on the charger for a reasonable amount of time to completely fill up, as is always the case with higher capacity batteries.
That, though, needs to be balanced against the fact that they'll last longer away from the charger! Which is the main attraction of higher capacity batteries.
And while we're talking about charging times, it's certainly worth keeping in mind the forthcoming arrival of the DCB102 battery charging station, which we caught a sneak peak at recently.
This beauty, in addition to having two USB charging ports, will charge 2 of any of the XR lithium-ion range. At once.
So with this, and a couple of 5Ah 18v batteries in your arsenal, you'll have no downtime during the day at all! (Pretty much...)s the 5Ah batteries are part of DeWALT's amazing XR range, the battery benefits from all the smart features we've come to expect, and rely on. You can see the LED state of charge indicator, but what you can't see is what's going on inside the black and yellow pack.
Because it's an XR battery, the cells are monitored while charging and discharging, making sure there's no overheating, overcharging or deep discharge.
That means longer lifetime for the battery. The battery works in tandem with DeWALT's smart XR tools, all of which have intelligent switches and motors, so all of the extra capacity the battery holds will be drawn from it in the best way possible for the tool to get the job done as you need it.
- Power Tool Brands Don’t Make Their Own Batteries
- New Power Tool Batteries And Adapters
- Power Tool Battery Applications & Knowledge
- Power Tools - Best Practices For Long Battery Pack Life
- Building A Better Cordless Drill Battery
- DeWalt 20V Max To 18V Battery Adaptor Lets You Use New Batteries In Your Old Tools
- Future Of Cordless Tools Is In Lithium Ion Power
- Power Tool Battery Recycling Creates A Buzz In Brisbane
- 5 Things To Know Before Buying A Cordless Power Tool
- Bosch 12524 Power Tool Battery Articles & Tips
- Something About The Power Drills
- Cordless Drill Or Corded Drill ?
- How To Repair My NiCd Battery That Will Not Take A Charge Anymore
- International Shipping Of Li-ion Batteries Products
- How Do We Protect Our Batteries ?
- Batteries For Cordless Power Tools
- What Are The Uses For An 18 Volt Dewalt Cordless Drill
- Can I Keep My Cordless Tools Charged Up All The Time?
- MILWAUKEE REDEFINES SDS PLUS ROTARY HAMMERS WITH NEW D-HANDLE SOLUTION
- Power Tools Market Trends