Nickel-Metal Hydride Batteries For Power Tools
Yesterday, we talked about the NiCd power tools battery, now let anylsing the Nickel-Metal Hydride Battery, the NiMH battery is also widly used in power tools brand such as Milwaukee, Dewalt, Makita, Bosch...
NiMH drills battery is more expesive than NiCd drills battery, but it also features some improvements over the NiCd drills battery. Here shows below:
1. NiMH tools battery damages the evironment far less than the NiCd tools battery.
2. The capacity of the NiMh tools battery is much greater than the NiCd ones. Sometimes 2 or even 3 times greater, because of the better energy density.
3. NiMH power tools battery is much lighter than NiCd power tools battery.
4. NiMH power tools battery is less expensive than Li-Ion power tools battery.
However, it also have disadvantages as below:
1. NiMH power tools battery is sensitive to improper storage and charging conditions, it needs to be stored and maintained properly to extend its cycle life.
2. NiMH power tools battery is more sensitive to both high and low temperatures than NiCd tools battery.It is bettery to store and use them between 33°F and 103°F
3. NiMH power tools battery is far more damaged when unused or in a state of deep discharger.The lifespan and storage capacity will shorten.
4. NiMH tools battery should be charged at 70% capacity like NiCd tools battery.
5. NiMH tools battery should be deep discharged every three months to circumvent memory effect like NiCd battery.
All in all, the Ni-Mh battery has below features:
1. Cycle life depends on storage and maintenance, but can reach that of NiCd batteries
2. Fast self-discharge of 20%-30%
3. 2.2Ah to 3.0Ah capacity
4. Fast charge times
5. Moderate maintenance which typically includes a deep discharge once every 3 months
6. Less memory effect than that of NiCd batteries when properly maintained
7. Very sensitive to heat
- Power Tool Brands Don’t Make Their Own Batteries
- Would You Use Cheaper Off-Brand Cordless Power Tool Battery Packs?
- Projected Market For Lithium-ion Batteries Used In Power Tools From 2012 To 2020 (in Million U.S. Dollars)
- New Power Tool Batteries And Adapters
- How Makita BL1850 battery make a cup of coffee?
- Schmidt Power Tools : A Guide To Comparing 18V Power Tool Batteries - 1
- Milwaukee Steps It Up With New M18 6.0Ah And 9.Ah Battery Packs
- New Makita 18V Power Source Has 2 Independent High-Power USB Ports
- Power Tool Battery Applications & Knowledge
- Power Tools - Best Practices For Long Battery Pack Life
- New Power Tool Battery --Metabo 5.2 Li-ion Power Tool Battery Come Out--I
- Lithium-Ion Batteries For Power Tools
- New Power Tool Battery --Metabo 5.2 Li-ion Power Tool Battery Come Out-II
- Power Tool Batteries Guide
- Bosch New Charger----GAL 1880 & 3680 Chargers
- What Effect The Power Tool's Running Time ?
- Something About The Power Drills
- Cordless Drill Or Corded Drill ?
- How To Repair My NiCd Battery That Will Not Take A Charge Anymore
- International Shipping Of Li-ion Batteries Products