How To Tell If Rechargeable Batteries Still Hold A Charge
Though they can be slightly more expensive initially than regular batteries, rechargeable batteries can often last for years. Determine whether your rechargeable Makita 9002 batteries still hold a charge using a voltmeter and battery tester to ensure accurate results.
Charge your battery or batteries completely using a battery charger specifically made for the type of battery you are testing. Be sure to charge them for the full amount of time necessary. Many battery chargers have a green light that will ignite when the battery is fully charged.
Test the battery with the battery tester to see whether it reads as good or bad. This is the first step in determining whether the battery will hold a charge, but not the most accurate indicator. The battery tester will measure the battery strength before use, but the most accurate way to determine whether the battery will hold the charge it has just received is to use a voltmeter.
Connect the voltmeter to the battery terminals. There will be a negative- and positive-side connector on the battery. The voltmeter should also have negative and positive ends. Connect the positive battery terminal to the positive voltmeter end. Connect the negative battery terminal to the negative voltmeter end. The voltmeter will test the battery strength, but the test should be repeated after the Makita 9033 drill battery has been used a bit.
Place the battery into an electronic device so that it is being drained for a while. Depending on the electronic device, the battery will be drained of its charge at different rates, so the time the battery is used will vary.
- Power Tool Brands Don’t Make Their Own Batteries
- New Power Tool Batteries And Adapters
- Power Tool Battery Applications & Knowledge
- Power Tools - Best Practices For Long Battery Pack Life
- Building A Better Cordless Drill Battery
- DeWalt 20V Max To 18V Battery Adaptor Lets You Use New Batteries In Your Old Tools
- Future Of Cordless Tools Is In Lithium Ion Power
- Power Tool Battery Recycling Creates A Buzz In Brisbane
- 5 Things To Know Before Buying A Cordless Power Tool
- Bosch 12524 Power Tool Battery Articles & Tips
- How Do Rebuild Your 18-Volt Makita Battery
- Nickel–cadmium Battery
- Nickel–cadmium Battery History
- Nickel–cadmium Battery Characteristics
- Metabo Introduces The First 5.2 Ah Battery System
- INVESTMENT Continues To Promote Greater Efficiency And Productivity
- Nickel–cadmium Battery Electrochemistry
- Lithium Batteries As Cargo In 201 6 Update III
- Building A Better Power-Tool Battery
- Which Is The Best Cordless Power Tool Brand?