Handyman: Cordless Power Tools battery Becoming The Norm
Battery operated tools used to be little more than novelty items that lacked the power needed to accomplish almost any task. More times than not, they ended up in the dreaded junk drawer.
Advancements in design and technology have transformed today’s cordless tools into the “go-to” option for professionals and do-it-yourselfers alike.
Based on recent visits with three leading power tool companies, namely Milwaukee Electric Tool battery (milwaukeetool.com,) DeWalt (dewalt.com) and Black and Decker battery (blackanddecker.com) these industry heavyweights are continuing to ramp up their battery technology.
All three companies continue to introduce new tools that incorporate upgraded battery technology that will outperform even conventional corded tools.
These professional grade tools have a lot to offer and are designed to provide the long run time required by tradesmen on the work site and ease of use for the handy person at home.
Milwaukee Tool continues to expand their battery technology with the M18 RedLithium High Demand 9.0 Battery. This new battery technology will deliver up to 5X more run time, 35 percent more power and run 60 percent cooler than standard lithium-ion batteries. Upgrading to the new battery pack will instantly increase the performance of users’ current M18cordless tools.
They are also moving into outdoor power tools with a hedge trimmer and leaf blower, all powered using the same Milwaukee M18 battery system.
In fact, there are now more than 100 different Milwaukee power tool products that use the same battery pack so you can move the power from one tool to another as needed.
DeWalt recently introduced its 20v Flexvolt system, featuring the first batteries that automatically change voltage when you change tools so users can switch between DeWalt tools of varying voltages (20V, 60V and 120V).
You can even put two Flexvolt batteries, of same amp hour, together to power up new DeWalt 120V tools battery like a miter saw. These new batteries provide up to four times more run time compared to the batteries that they are replacing.
Both Milwaukee Tool and DeWalt have also spent a lot of time and resources to re-engineer their accessories to perform better. New circular and reciprocating saw blades, drill bits and other tool accessories have been designed for maximum performance when powered by lithium batteries.
The shift to more productive and convenient cordless power tools can also be found in products aimed more at the consumer market from Black and Decker, which recently launched its new Smartech line of connected products that rely on lithium battery technology, including leaf blowers and hedge trimmers in the Powercommand line.
Their Smartech technology links with Black and Decker’s free mobile app to provide a variety of functions such as the ability to view the percent of the remaining charge or use the locate feature to find a missing battery.
Ever since Ben Franklin went out to fly his kite, we have been wanting more power! It finally looks like we can get it. Besides, extension cords are so 1990.
For more home improvement advice, call “The Handyman Show With Glenn Haege” on WJR-AM (760) at (866) ASK GLENN, (866) 275-4536 between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday. “The Handyman Show” can also be heard on more than 135 radio stations nationwide.
visit our website www.toolbattery.com
Previous: Makita 18V LXT Lithium Battery Upgrades
- Power Tool Brands Don’t Make Their Own Batteries
- Would You Use Cheaper Off-Brand Cordless Power Tool Battery Packs?
- Projected Market For Lithium-ion Batteries Used In Power Tools From 2012 To 2020 (in Million U.S. Dollars)
- New Power Tool Batteries And Adapters
- How Makita BL1850 battery make a cup of coffee?
- Schmidt Power Tools : A Guide To Comparing 18V Power Tool Batteries - 1
- Milwaukee Steps It Up With New M18 6.0Ah And 9.Ah Battery Packs
- New Makita 18V Power Source Has 2 Independent High-Power USB Ports
- Power Tool Battery Applications & Knowledge
- Power Tools - Best Practices For Long Battery Pack Life
- Makita 18V LXT Lithium Battery Upgrades
- Should You Buy One Of The New 20V/60V Flexvolt from DeWalt Cordless Tool Systems?
- Cofttek Tool Batteries With Full Performance And Efficiency
- Makita Battery Mount
- Makita's Robo-Vac Uses Power Tool Batteries To Clean Workshop Floors For Hours
- 4200mAh External Backup Battery Power Back Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- 7.4V/2000mAh 18650 Li-ion Battery Pack
- Authentic E Cigarette Mod Kit Aspire CF Mod 18650 Battery
- 36 Volt or 48 Volt New Down Tube Lithium Battery
- 3.7V 3000mAh 18650 Lithium Battery Rechargeable Battery